Do you have ate Chocolate Cake?
And do you know how to make yummy Chocolate Cake in easy way?
So today I would like to share Chocolate Cake recipe with you.
Are you ready? Let's do it!
225g plain flour
350g caster sugar
85g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 free-range eggs
125ml vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
250ml boiling water
For The Chocolate Ising
200g plain chocolate
200ml double cream
For The Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line two 20cm sandwich tins.
- For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large mixing bowl.
Using a wooden spoon, or electric whisk, beat the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- Add the boiling water to the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth.
(The cake mixture will now be very liquid.)
- Divide the cake batter between the sandwich tins and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes,
or until the top is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely, still in their tins, before icing.
- For the chocolate icing, heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat until the chocolate melts.
Remove the pan from the heat and whisk the mixture until smooth, glossy and thickened.
Set aside to cool for 1-2 hours, or until thick enough to spread over the cake.
- To assemble the cake, run a round-bladed knife around the inside of the cake tins to loosen the cakes.
Carefully remove the cakes from the tins.
- Spread a little chocolate icing over the top of one of the chocolate cakes, then carefully top with the other cake.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate and ice the cake all over with the chocolate icing, using a palette knife.